Friday, March 15, 2019

A Tiny Bench


The commemorative bench placed in memory of my Mother-In-Law Fran Murphy sits near the eastern shoreline of Georgian Bay in the Township of Tiny, Ontario. Placed beneath an old oak tree at the perfect angle to enjoy a view of Blue Mountain, a slowly passing sailboat, the setting sun or a shooting star. The bench is just a hop, skip and jump away from where Fran owned a cottage on the same stretch of beach. The memories of our days there together will be with me for always. 
Miss you Fran,
Love Eliza  XOX

In Memeory of Mary Frances Murphy. 1942-2015

As you cherished this shoreline and it's mountain view;
Today another will sit and contemplate it too.
Loved my thousands around you will forever remain,
The "Glorious Lady" of this Tiny refrain.





An alternate version of the Fran's Poem. I have inserted parenthesis where you might consider changing and personalizing the poem.

A Tribute To
Frances
Will-Murphy
1941~2015

As you cherished your time here(this place)
And it's special( ) view;
Today another will sit( )
And contemplate it too.

Loved by thousands around,
You will forever remain,
The "Glorious Lady"
Of this ex-ample( ) refrain.
                                                
                                                        By Eliza Ralph-Murphy
                                                                                     copyrighted Oct. 12, 2018           


Update-
I took some photos of the bench this past summer. I felt the bench looked happy basking in the summer sun, but I worried about the winter and how the pine might be affected by the snow and ice. I was considering changing the location or perhaps requesting a new home for next winter. Although, Fran did appreciate the driftwood that found its way onto her shoreline, so perhaps the weathered look is the way to go.



me "contemplating the view"

no beach this year

I made a card of this photo for my father in law along with the poem.

a photo of Fran's cottage