Monday, December 21, 2009

Frosteen's New Coat


It's fun to learn about the different kinds of conifers especially when you don't want to make a mistake and accidentally put a pine cone on a fir tree coat. You can see for yourself all the different kinds of conifers and their cones here.

I have been very inspired by Chad Carpenter's comic strip "Tundracomics.com" of late. I am especially inspired by his "Snowman" comics. I made the one above in the "Tundra" style and sent a link to Chad hoping he will decide to take me on as a protege/student/apprentice and or pay me for the publishing rights; ) BTW the reason I am studying Chad's work is beacause I read somewhere that that is what artists do. My other snowmen are not done in the "Tundra" style (although snowmen do tend to look alike) however the subject matter is inspired by Chad's work. I will post more "Snowman" comics later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me thinks you miss the snow here in canada